Visit Korčula town, places and islands nearby Korčula
Island Badija in Brief
Badija is an islet in the eastern part of the Pelješac Channel with a surface of approx. 1 km2.
The Ježevica Channel separates it from the island of Korčula.
Along the coast, there are good anchoring sites for mid-sized vessels, while small boats can be moored west of the monastery.
Taxi boats from Korčula town run to the island of Badija only in high tourist season.
Island Badija short Tour
The monastery and single nave church were erected in the late Gothic style, after 1420.
In 2003 the monastery was returned into the ownership of the Franciscans and can today be visited upon request.
The Chapel of St. Catherine (Sv. Katarina), dating back to the 15th and 16th centuries are situated on the hill behind the monastery.
macchia thickets and pine woods
Almost the entire surface of Badija is covered in macchia thickets and pine woods, with the highest point on the island being only 74m. Badija and all of its surrounding natural beauty can be explored with a leisurely stroll along the gravel path, which goes around the islet.